Friday, February 18, 2011

Being judged or being held accountable?

          All to often, I hear people saying, " He/She has no right to judge me!" The question I see myself asking more and more is whether or not they are being judged or being held accountable? There is a difference. Naturally, no one likes to hear that we are stepping outside of the path God has laid for us. Especially not from a fellow brother or sister in Christ. But Jesus himself commanded us to look out for our fellow Christians and confront their sin.
           I was recently held accountable myself. My family has been experiencing some financial hardships and I stopped attending church, outreach, and even missed a few women's studies I lead. I was approached by my faith family about the matter. If this had happened a year ago, I would of immediately been on the defense. I probably would of assumed they were" judging" me. The last thing I would of accepted was that I was doing anything wrong or outside of what God expects me to do.
          However, I realized I have grown more than I thought, and did not get offended. I prayed and thanked God for giving me a faith family that cares enough about me to confront me when I am not doing what I know I should be doing. My sin was letting my hardships become bigger than God. I let physical emotion, depression, and worry take over where I should of let my faith come in. And God showed me that through my faith family. I was approached out of love and concern and set back on the path I needed to be on. With Christ leading at the front lines!
          I understand that some christians confront out of self-satisfaction, pointing out things they do not like, rather than actual sin. But even then, why worry about it? God will take care of those who judge. Don't get aggravated or offended. Accept it! Pray about it and give it to God! Human nature is to lash out in anger but really we are only driving up a wedge between ourselves and Christ. We are letting Satan win another battle. Never, underestimate the power of humility! Let it go and then Praise God for giving you the ability to do so!
           Something else to ponder...When we claim others are judging us, aren't we also guilty of judging??? Not one of us knows the heart of another. Only God knows our hearts.I pray we all let God be God! I pray that each and every one of us will ask God to help us just let things like this go. I pray if we are wronged, we will forgive quickly so that it does not become an interference in our walks with Christ. I pray if we wrong someone that we have the courage to apologize and ask for forgiveness from that person and most of all from God.

            Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.



Proverbs 19:11
A man’s discretion makes him slow to anger.
And it is his glory to overlook a transgression.


Matthew 18:15-22
If your brother sins go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed.
If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as Gentile and a tax collector.
Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.
Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.
For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”
Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.”


            
2 Timothy 2:24-25
The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged.
With gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
And they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the world; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.


Galatians 6:1
Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted.
Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.
For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

James 5:19-20
My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.


Matthew 7:3-5
Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment